April 6, 2010

Lil Van Helsing

Lil Sippy Cup and I have this game we have played since he first started crawling around the house. 

Some people would call it "Hide and Seek" but we call it "AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I'M A MONSTER!"

The premise is simple: one of us hides, the other one seeks, and, when the hidee is found, he jumps out and screams "AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I'M A MONSTER!" while chasing the seeker.

We have been playing this game for 2 and a half years now and the rules have never been modified in any way. 

Until this morning.

I hid.  Lil Sippy Cup found me.  I jumped out and screamed "AAARRRGGGHHH! I'M A MONSTER!"  Lil Sippy Cup promptly punched me in the shin and ran away.

As I sit here, gingerly rubbing the expanding knot on my leg, I realize our imaginary games will have to include new rules.  Or safety equipment at the very least.

1 comment: